What type of experience is your business providing?
Do you think your business has a strong brand?
And no – I’m not just talking about your logo and colours here.
I’m talking about everything including your core values, functional and emotional benefits, market segmentation, tone of voice, style, and team culture.
Oh and the logo and colours as well, of course.
So yeah – there are just a few elements that go into your business brand.
Today on the Marketing and Me podcast, I’m chatting with Lucy Wang about the brand building process. There’s a lot to think about here and I recommend having your notepad and pen ready.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
• What is branding and why is it important in business?
• Could you please talk us through the different elements involved in branding?
• If someone wanted to start improving their brand and brand awareness today, across their website, socials, emails, and more, what steps do you recommend?
- Define the Brand: core values, the promise, brand drivers
- Position the Brand: target audience, market segmentation
- Express the Brand: name, logos, persona, voice, look and feel, brand story (narrative)
- Build Awareness of the Brand: communication within and outside
- Measure the Brand: value and equity, brand performance
ABOUT LUCY WANG
Lucy Wang is a brand design strategist, entrepreneur, and design lecturer at Western Sydney University. Lucy was a Finalist of WSABE Outstanding Young Entrepreneur Award (under 30) in 2018 and Experimentum was a National Finalist of OPTUS MyBusiness Award in 2017. In 2020, Lucy has established Brand Consulting Group, where the company expands its initiative across brand consulting, brand education and art-tech.
CONNECT WITH LUCY
BOOK A FREE 30 MIN DISCOVERY CALL WITH LEANNE